- Our Practice/Gameday Physical Distancing Guidelines are the minimum baseline of what teams must abide by to participate in Woodinville Baseball Club (WBC) practices, league games and tournaments. If fields or government/health officials require stricter guidelines, they must be adhered to.
- These guidelines for Phases 2 and 3 are based on protocols, rules and recommendations from State of Washington and King County
- Above all else, we expect our coaches, players and families to follow all state and county rules and guidelines related Covid-19
- Social distancing of 6 feet apart should remain a priority
- It is encouraged that players do not ride share during Phases 2 and Phase 3
Required for Teams
- A printed copy of these guidelines to be on hand with the coach and team rep always. Once games resume, a copy will be posted in the dugout.
- An alcohol-based hand sanitizer (greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol) is recommended by the CDC. We always recommended each player have their own bottle of hand sanitizer with them.
- Disinfectant wipes and/or spray to clean poles and benches
Required for Players
- Personal Water Bottle – sharing will not be allowed
- Personal Hand Sanitizer – to use as needed before/during/after team activities
- Players will be responsible to remove all personal items/trash from facility
- Bring all necessary baseball equipment
- Personal Mask or face covering in case it is needed
Pre-Practice or Pre-Game
- Any coach, player or family member feeling sick or with a temperature greater than 100.4 WILL STAY HOME
- Upon arrival, the coach/team rep is responsible to ensure:
- All players & coaches wash / sanitize their hands
- Gates, benches, poles, etc. are all sanitized
- Practices & Pre-game warmups – players will remain 6 feet apart
- Pre-game plate meeting
- Coaches & umpires stay 6+ feet apart to discuss game rules
- Umpires review guidelines at home plate with both teams
- In Phase 2.0 Maximum of 5 players with one coach in separate parts of the field, separated by a buffer zone
- Maintain 6+ feet between players as much as possible during practice
- No congregating in dugouts or on benches, maintain 6+ feet distance
- Parents/Family must not congregate on the sidelines during practice
- Refrain from all physical contact (no shaking hands, no fist bumps, etc.)
Games (Phase 3)
- Maximum of 5 players/coaches in dugout at one time
- On offense – dugout is used to prepare for at-bats
- On defense – players can be in dugout unless there are more than 5 players/coaches
- Players not in the dugout congregate outside of dugout – remaining 6 feet apart
- Suggested spots: bleacher area, lined up outside fence along foul line, bullpen area
- Celebrations will not include physical contact
- Total gathering at any one game cannot exceed 50 individuals per field
Umpires / Game Officials
- Remain 6 feet from players when possible
- Plate umpire – masks & gloves are strongly recommended
- No post-game handshakes – find alternate ways to acknowledge opponents (hat tip, etc.).
- Coach / team rep will sanitize gates, benches, poles, etc. after all players leave
- If another game follows at same site, exit the facility quickly.
- Games times should be spaced out to allow time for all pre/post-game protocol.
- Coaches for next game must follow all pre-game sanitization protocol
- Players and fans must wait until all participants from the previous game have exited the facility before entering
Fans Attending Games (in Phase 3)
- Fans who choose to stay for games must adhere to the following guidelines:
- No sitting in the bleachers or bleacher area – that is designated for players and coaches
- Fan area will be down the foul line fences (beyond the bases) and behind the outfield fence
- All fans will bring their own chairs and sit or stand a minimum of 6 feet apart – practicing social distancing guidelines
- Exception for those that live in the same household
- All players and a parent/guardian who participate in WBC practices, games and tournaments will need to sign a liability waiver surrounding COVID-19 protocol.
- No sunflower seeds, gum, spitting allowed for players, coaches, or game officials
- Players are not allowed to go to their mouth to improve grip on the ball
- All participants required to provide their own
wbc return to play guidelines june 2020.pdf